Do you need a crown?
When you need crowns in Tacoma, you want a dentist that makes the experience relaxing, stress free, and affordable. At One Stop Dentistry we take great pride in making your experience an inviting one. As one of the first practitioners of sedation dentistry in the Northwest, Dr. Norooz is skilled at providing patients with anxiety free services that restore their smile and protect their teeth.
What are Crowns?
Crowns in Tacoma are tooth-shaped caps. Crowns are positioned over a tooth in order to restore its strength, size, appearance, and shape. These can be made out of a variety of materials such as gold, porcelain, or a combination of metal shells covered with layered porcelain. Stainless steel crowns are frequently used over baby teeth. Common permanent crown materials include porcelain fused to metal, resin, ceramic, and porcelain.
Temporary crowns can be made and affixed in our dentist office. Permanent crowns in Tacoma must be made by a dental laboratory.
Dental Crown uses Include:
- Restoring a worn tooth
- Supporting and covering a filled tooth
- Holding a dental bridge in place
- Protecting weak teeth from breakage or decay
- Maintaining the integrity of a cracked tooth
- Restoring a previously broken tooth
- Covering discolored or misshapen teeth
- Covering a dental implant
- Making a cosmetic modification
The Four Types of Dental Crowns
- Ceramic crowns: These are the most popular. The porcelain-based material can be color matched to your tooth to offer nearly perfect concealing.
- Porcelain-fused to metal: When durability matters this is the best option. Porcelain is affixed over a metal base for a stronger crown.
- Gold alloys: This crown may be made of several metals including copper and gold. They don’t wear teeth, won’t fracture, and provide a tough bond.
- Base alloys: Non-noble metal crowns are strong and corrosion resistant. They do require a portion of a healthy teeth be removed before affixing.
Professional Dental Crowns
▸ Consultation – For dental crowns, Tacoma patients trust our thorough consultations. These include a full examination in order to identify the best solution for your needs. We’re happy to work with you, addressing any concerns you may have before moving forward. At this time we will prepare the tooth, may fit a temporary dental crown if necessary, and take an impression for correct fitting.
▸ Creation – We’ll send your mold to our dental laboratory and inform you when your new crown or crowns are ready. For dental patients interested in crowns, Tacoma service can be quite flexible. We’ll work with you to identify the perfect time for your procedure.
▸ Procedure – We always ensure the crown is the correct color and fit before moving forward with the procedure. Local anesthetic or sedation are both available. Dental crowns typically last between 5 and 15 years depending on the material and usage. We’ll teach you everything you need to know about after care before you leave the office.
When you want professional crowns in Tacoma that restore and protect your teeth, call (253) 383-3713 or Contact Us today.
Other Services Include:
- Porcelain Dental Veneers
- Sedation Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentist
What is a bridge? A bridge is used to replace missing teeth. They are fixed and not removable. Bridges are the same size and shape as natural teeth. They can also be made of gold metal or porcelain fused metal. A bridge can be used to replace one or multiple teeth when their are solid teeth in front and behind to make the bridge complete.